CLAMS Materials Request
Can I request an item in the CLAMS catalog if my Library does not have the item or if the item is not on the shelf?
You may request materials in several ways:
- By accessing the CLAMS catalog from your home computer
- By using the online catalog within the library
- By calling on the phone 508.487.7094
(Please have your library card available)
To Reserve Library Materials Online
- Search the catalog for the item you are interested in.
- Click on “Request Title” located on the lower left hand corner of the locations page.
- Enter your name in the first box.
- Enter your Library card number from the back of your CLAMS card in the next box. Do not enter any spaces.
- Enter your PIN in the next box. This is a 4-digit number which you can sign up for at the library.
- Click LOGIN.
- On the next screen choose your pickup location.
- Click SUBMIT TITLE to enter your reserve and complete your transaction.
- It is very easy.
What happens when I put in a request in the CLAMS catalog?
With a valid Provincetown Public Library card, when you place a request on a book, video or other library material, your name is put on a list of people waiting for the item. You can request that the item be sent to any CLAMS library. When the item becomes available, you will be contacted by phone or mail.