A postcard of the interior of the Ace of Spades, located at 193 Commercial Street, which opened in the 1950’s and is allegedly the longest continuously running lesbian bar in the United States. The Ace of Spades played a critical role in Provincetown’s history as the first, and for many years, the only social institution that catered specifically to women. At some point in the 1980’s the bar turned into the Pied Piper aka PiedBar.