2017 Provincetown Reading Challenge
What book were you supposed to read in school but never did? What book have you been meaning to read but just haven’t got around to? What book might take you out of your comfort zone, whether it’s recommended by your librarian or chosen for you by your spouse – or your child?
Take the Provincetown Library 2017 Reading Challenge to find out. Read 12 books in 12 months. Choose your own books from 12 different categories. Discuss your choices, have fun, and win prizes!
Anyone interested in a reading adventure can sign up on Facebook, on the Library website, or at the circulation desk in the Provincetown Library. Signing up for the Reading Challenge qualifies you for a prize upon completion at the end of the year. You do not have to live in Provincetown to participate in the Reading Challenge, but anyone who takes all 12 books out of the Provincetown Library will get an extra prize.
The Provincetown Library Reading Challenge already has its own Facebook group page! Reading Challenge participants will be able to discuss their progress on Facebook, or in person at the Library’s Friday morning coffee hour. This will begin on January 8, 2017, at 10:00 am, and continue on the first Friday of each month thereafter.
The reading challenge originally appeared on a blog called “The Modern Mrs. Darcy.” Members of the Provincetown Library staff decided to challenge the Provincetown community to finish a similar list in 2017.
Here is the complete 2017 Provincetown Library Reading Challenge:
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book you’ve been meaning to read
- A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller
- A book you should have read in school
- A book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child or BFF
- A book published before you were born
- A book published this year
- A book that was banned at some point
- A book you previously abandoned
- A book by an author associated with Provincetown or Cape Cod
- A book you’ve already read at least once
(adapted from the 2016 Reading Challenge on the blog “The Modern Mrs. Darcy” http://modernmrsdarcy.com/2016-reading-challenge/)
Join the 2017 Provincetown Library Reading Challenge!
Send your name and email address to Lead Librarian Nan Cinnater to participate: