Provincetown Public Library Reading Challenge
The 2021 Provincetown Public Library Reading Challenge: “Getting Away from it All”
The Provincetown Library 2021 Reading Challenge gives you permission to read books you choose while expanding your horizons. Read 12 books in 12 months. Choose your own books from 12 different categories, all of them hand-picked for 2021. Discuss your choices, have fun, and win prizes!
Anyone interested in a reading adventure can join the Challenge by emailing Nan Cinnater at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reading Challenge participants will be able to discuss their progress on Facebook, by email, and/or via a monthly Zoom meet-up. This first Zoom discussion will be on January 8, 2021 at 10:00 a.m., and continue on the first Friday of each month thereafter.
Signing up for the Reading Challenge qualifies you for a prize upon completion at the end of the year. You do not have to live in Provincetown to participate in the Reading Challenge, but anyone who checks all 12 books out of the collection at the Provincetown Library will get a special prize.
Here are the categories:
• A book about or set in a place you would like to visit – fiction or non-fiction
• A travel memoir or other book about travel
• A book set in a a different time period – past or future!
• A book about the place or culture of your ancestors
• A book written by and about someone of a different race, ethnicity, or nationality than you – fiction or non-fiction
• A book that is your favorite comfort read
• A book about nature, spirituality, or self-help
• A book you own but have never read
• A book at least 500 pages long
• A book about or inspired by mythology
• A book with magic or magical realism
• A book that ends happily ever after
Get out your library card and start reading!