2017 Provincetown Reading Challenge
The new year isn’t new anymore, but you can still take the Provincetown Library 2017 Reading Challenge! All you have to do is read 12 books in 2017 from 12 different categories. (See category list below.) Discuss your choices, have fun, and win prizes!
Yes, prizes are involved in this challenge! Not that we get too competitive — this is more like a marathon, where everybody who finishes wins. So everybody who reads 12 books (one each in all 12 categories) will get a prize.
This is totally on the honor system. We will take your word for the completion of all 12 categories. If you take out at least half of your books out from the Provincetown Library,* you get a special prize! If you take out all 12 books from the Provincetown Library, you get an extra-special prize! Spoiler alert: Special prizes may involve chocolate.
Anyone interested in a reading adventure can sign up on Facebook, on the Library website, or at the circulation desk in the Provincetown Library. There are three formats for discussion. We have a Facebook group (facebook.com/groups/614236512111364/); we have an email list; and for those who can come, we meet over free coffee at the Library on the first Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
Here is the complete 2017 Provincetown Library Reading Challenge:
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book you’ve been meaning to read
- A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller
- A book you should have read in school
- A book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child or BFF
- A book published before you were born
- A book published this year
- A book that was banned at some point
- A book you previously abandoned
- A book by an author associated with Provincetown or Cape Cod
- A book you’ve already read at least once
(adapted from the 2016 Reading Challenge on the blog “The Modern Mrs. Darcy” http://modernmrsdarcy.com/2016-reading-challenge/)
Join the 2017 Provincetown Library Reading Challenge!
Send your name and email address to Lead Librarian Nan Cinnater to participate: